I. Project background
Chongqing Liangjiang Collaborative Innovation Zone is located in Chongqing Liangjiang New Area, the first inland state-level development and opening-up zone in China.The construction of collaborative innovation zone is a major step adopted by Liangjiang New Area in the spirit of “accelerating the construction of an innovative country” proposed in the report of the 19th CPC National Congress in line with president Xi Jinping’s “two points” positioning, “two places” and “two highs” goals and "four solid" requirements for Chongqing to build as an innovative center in the UPPer—Yangtze area with the implementation of innovative, coordinated, green, open and shared development concepts.
Chongqing Liangjiang Collaborative Innovation Zone will be oriented towards global innovation resources, gathering top universities at home and abroad, high-end research and development institutions, well-known incubators, leading innovative enterprises, internationally leading talents in technology start-ups and high-level innovation teams to build an open and international innovative platform, to become Chongqing’s first-class highlands regarding innovation resources, science and technology innovation demonstration, emerging industry incubation, international science and technology exchange and cooperation.
Liangjiang New Area has officially launched the conceptual planning for Chongqing Liangjiang Collaborative Innovation Zone and the international consultation for its detailed city design. Outstanding design agencies all over the world with urban planning and city design experience are invited to submit application materials and contribute your wisdom.
II. Purpose of the consultation
This international consultation aims to collect forward-looking and innovative planning and design concepts and solutions worldwide, to plan new developments in the new era and to create a first-class collaborative innovation zone with a modern high-end innovation platform, perfect public system, beautiful ecological environment, green intelligent infrastructure, fashionable architectural style, and a multi-faceted experience public environment. At the same time, it will provide framework design guidelines for the next step of planning and construction and guide the high-level planning and high-standard construction of the collaborative innovation zone.
III. Scope of consultation
The scope of this international consultation of design includes two levels:
The conceptual planning scope is the collaborative innovation zone, located in the northeast of Liangjiang New Area, close to the Three-ring Expressway, east of Yulin River, west of Mingyue Mountain, covering an area of 6.8 square kilometers, east to Mingyue Avenue, west to Yufu Road, south to the east part of Zhaizi Road, north to Express-Six Horizontal Line. The planning scope covers about 15 square kilometers in the area ranging from the east of the Mingyue Mountain to the west of Yulin River with other major landscape elements.
According to their respective planning plans, each design agency demarcates the start-up area of about 1 square kilometer for detailed urban design and completes the corresponding urban design guidelines.
IV. The organizers
This international consultation event is hosted by the Administrative Committee of Chongqing Liangjiang New Area. Chongqing Liangjiang New Area Development and Investment Group Co., Ltd., Liangjiang New Area Branch ofChongqing Urban Planning Bureau, and Chongqing Liangjiang New Area Longxing Industrial Park Construction Investment Co., Ltd. are in charge. It is co-hosted by Chongqing Planning and Design Institute.
The organizers have the right to determine the relevant event schedule according to the specific circumstances, have the final interpretation right of the consultation activities, and have the right to free use and disposal of the design plans and documents submitted by the design agencies participating in the consultation. The interpretation language is subject to Chinese.
The co-hosting organizer is responsible for the specific work of the planning and design organization, and the relevant letters issued by the co-hosting organizer confirmed by the organizer have the same effect.
V. Applicant qualification
(1) The applicant must be an independent legal entity and have one of the following conditions:
1. If the applicant is a domestic agency, it must have Grade A qualification for urban-rural plan compilation or Grade A or above qualification for construction industry (construction engineering) design;
2. If the applicant is an overseas agency, it must have the legal business and design license in its originate country or region;
(2) The project accepts the registration of the consortium (all parties to the consortium shall meet the above corresponding qualifications).
VI. Time of application and requirements on submission of application material
(1) Registration time: July 23, 2018 - before August 5, 2018, 17:00 (Beijing time, China)
（二）资料提交：申请人须将填写后的报名表、应征资料以 PDF形式 Email或邮寄至承办单位（重庆市规划设计研究院），邮寄的资料以送达时间为准。
(2) Submission of application material: the applicant shall send an email in PDF format or mail the completed registration form and application materials to Chongqing Planning and Design Institute, and the delivery arrival time of the mailed materials shall be deemed as the valid time.
VII. Notices of the consultation
(1) The international consultation will be pre-qualified by the judging committee on the application materials, and five design institutions or consortiums will be selected.
(2) The international design consultation is divided into two phases. The first stage is the international consultation stage, which lasts about 60 days; the second stage is the deepening stage of the program integration, which lasts about 30 days.
(3) The design agency participating in the international consultation will carry out the urban design plan preparation. If the design results submitted meet the requirements of the technical task book and are evaluated as effective results by the expert review committee, the first prize institution will receive a bonus of 4 million yuan (one), the second prize institution obtains 2 million yuan bonus (one), and the third prize institution obtains 1.8 million yuan base fee (three); and the organizer will have an administrative review to determine one of the design agencies to integrate and deepen the urban design. After the integration and deepening work is completed in combination with the expert review opinions and the requirements of the organizers, if the submitted results reached the integration and deepening requirements and passed the acceptance of the organizer, the agency would receive a deep design reward of 4 million yuan. (The above fees are all in RMB, and this consultation is only settled in RMB).
(4) All the expenses incurred during international consultation and related taxes and fees incurred due to bonuses shall be borne by the design agencies yourselves.
(5) This international consultation activity requires the main designer at the time of registration to make a final review report. Once the registration is successful, it is deemed to accept the terms and conditions.
VIII. Contact information
Organizer: Chongqing Planning and Design Institute
Contact: Yang Zilong (Mr.), Qin Yuanyuan (Ms.)
Mailing address: Room 801, Building 3, Planning and Mapping Innovation Base, Yubei District, Chongqing
Postal Code: 401147
电 话：+86 18696862671、+86 13996304616
Phone: +86 18696862671, + 8613996304616